Without testing your patience any further, let's go our recipe :)
Baked Broccoli and Cheese Pasta
What we need:
Pasta, of your choice - 2 cups I have used Macaroni
Broccoli - a handful, steamed lightly (about 100 g) You can also do it in microwave.
Onion, medium sized - 1, thinly sliced
Green chillies - 2, finely chopped
Garlic - 2 or 3 pods, crushed
All purpose flour - 4 tbsp.
Mozzarella cheese - 50 g, torn into pieces
Grated cheese - 5 to 6 tbsp.
Butter - 2 tbsp.
Black pepper powder - 1 tbsp.
Dry Basil - 1 tbsp.
Salt - according to taste
Water - 3 cups
How to do:
Cooking the pasta:
Cook the pasta according to instructions on the pack. Drain, run through cold water, and set aside.
For the sauce:
1. In a wok, melt the butter and add onions, garlic, green chillies and salt.
2. When the onions turn soft, throw in the all purpose flour. Stir fast so that no lumps are formed.
3. Now add the pepper powder and dry basil and steamed broccoli. To this, add 3 cups of water and mix well.
4. Let the sauce thicken a bit, ideally 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, in the baking dish, add the cooked pasta and spread.
3. Over this, pour the sauce and spread it evenly.
4. Add the Mozzarella cheese bits, and press it lightly so that it settles.
5. Over this, spread the grated cheese generously. Tap the dish lightly so that everything settles down evenly.
6. Bake it in the oven at 250 degrees for 15 minutes. You can also extend for another 5 minutes to get a brown crust of cheese!
Serve with your favorite bread!
One more entry to Saraswathi's "Say Cheese" event!
Happy Cooking and happy Blogging!