Today's Guest Post is by one of my ex-colleagues and a very good friend, Karpagam. A kind-hearted person, great cook and of all, a very helpful person she is..! We used to have a gala lunch-time every day, with all the team members sitting in one big table and sharing everyone's lunch box (typical pattikadu style!) Those days are so memorable time of my career. :)
These 2 recipes I am posting today are her specialties and I can vouch 100% for the taste! :)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
Sliced white bread - 10
1. Beat the eggs lightly.
2. To this, add sugar, salt, and milk and stir it well.
3. In a medium-low heated Tawa/Skillet, add butter.
4. Place the bread slices one at a time in the egg mixture for a few seconds.
5. Transfer to the tawa and cook until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side.
Serve hot with honey/jam. You can team it up with a glass of Orange juice and a fruit for a satisfying breakfast!
Milagai Killi Sambar
Broken chilli Sambar
Toor dal – 1 cup
Tomato – 2
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Tamarind Juice – 1/2 Cup
Green Chillies – 4
Garlic flakes – 5
Onion – 1
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt – As required
Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
Jeeragam (Cumin seeds) - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry Leaves – 5
Coriander leaves – for taste
Asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon
1. In a pressure cooker, take the toor dal, tomato, green chillies, Asafoetida and turmeric powder. To this, add 2 cups of water and Pressure cook till 4 whistles.
2. In a pan, heat oil and add Mustard followed by Fenugreek seeds, Jeeragam and curry leaves.
3. When they are donea, add garlic and fry till golden brown.
4. Add chopped onion and fry till the onion turns transparent
5. Add Tamarind Juice and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add this to the boiled dal, along with salt to taste and pressure cook again for 5 minutes.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Hope you all enjoyed today's guest post. See you all soon with another interesting recipe. Till then, Happy Cooking and Happy Blogging!