This time I am sharing with you my all-time favorite recipe, Dal Palak. Dal as such is highly nutritious, and having it cooked with palak make the whole package an irresistible combination.
While Dal Palak goes well with Roti, Chapathi, I prefer to have it with rice and papad and find it absolutely comforting. And I am sure you can't agree more with me.
Moong Dal cooked with Spinach
What we need:
Moong dal - 1 cup
Spinach leaves - 150 g
Onion, medium sized - 1, finely chopped
Tomato, medium sized - 1, finely chopped
Garlic - 3 to 4 pods, minced
Green chillies - 1 or 2, finely chopped
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp.
Ghee (or) Oil - 4 to 5 tbsp.
Salt - as needed
Water - as needed
How to do:
1. Wash and clean the Spinach. Roughly chop them.
2. Wash and pressure cook the dal (for about 15 to 20 minutes). Mash them well.
3. In a pan, heat oil or ghee, add cumin seeds.
4. When they start to sputter, add the onion, green chillies and garlic. Fry till they are soft.
5. Now add the tomatoes, spinach and cook till they turn soft and start to pulp.
6. Add salt, dal and a cup of water.
7. Bring to a boil and remove from the flame.
Serve with rotis or rice and papad.